Saturday, November 10, 2007

scam (again)

Monday was hopelessly down with sickness.... can't even crawl out of my bed without feeling the earth giving way beneath me (ops... guess i sound over-exaggerated)

Was giving a day to rest (finally can get away from work & stress for a day) & lots of medication... so i went Z'in (sleeping) thru the day after taking the prescribed dosage.

Ring (who is so heartless to wake me up from my sweet dream)

Thousand & 1 excuses for me to ignore the phone... but its too loud to be ignore...

Unwillingly, i manage to get up & pick up the call...

[Female voice, in Chinese... ] This is calling from Singapore Supreme Court. You have been notified that you are to proceed to Court on 5th Dec for case on .........(ops... can't recall what are the details)....
Pls press 1 to Court Adm dept, Press 2 to ..... [the answering m/c continues]

Stun & shock.... i had offence??? What did i do wrong that i need to face law suits & worst of all.... supreme high court is no laughing matter....

Something hit my mind, Singapore has been known of being a Muilt-culture country thus we have so many different races of citizens thus to enable all ease of communication, most of the gov calls are to start off with English (only with answering m/c then langauge options are avaliable after the English version)

What strike into my mind immediatly when i recall the email warns circulating in the forum are about recent on phone scam...

i try to reason it out to myself... how can ever singapore supreme court be using an oversea call connection to call me to inform i have an offence of a unknown mistake i made..

I maybe sick... but those cheaters sure can't think that i am stupid anyway...

I slam the phone & ignore it....[but once i recall back ... did regret that i should have call to police & file report so that they may have a chance to trace the line or something (watch too much tv i guess)]

Told my HB after that night & he did call to court to check if i did have any of offence... but.. i am a good citizen actually so there is nothing i should be scared of... (hahahah)

[my my... even my granny had received such phone before.. but is real lucky that i warn her before about possible phone scam that had actually trick lots of pple] phew!!!

SCAMers OUt TheRE!!! Don't try your those dirty tricks on me again... Cause You going to PAY for it If You daRe to try it out AGAIN!!!

No comments: